Note: Applets written in Java work best with Internet Explorer or Firefox. Java is not supported by Google Chrome.
Introductory Statistical Topics
- Sampling Distribution of the Mean uses an interactive applet to illustrate fundamental properties of sampling distributions of means.
- Investigating the Central Limit Theorem illustrates the Central Limit Theorem, concepts essential for a conceptual understanding of inferential statistics.
- The Logic of Hypothesis Testing introduces the logic and language of hypothesis testing using z-scores.
- Statistical Power demonstrates the relationships between statistical power, sample size, effect size, and alpha error.
- Correlation and Regression will help you understand the vocabulary, logic, and basic mathematics of regression and correlation.
- The t-test Tutorial: Comparing Cultures Gain experience applying descriptive and inferential statistics to answer questions about cross-cultural differences in child rearing.
- Choosing the Correct Statistical Test Practice selecting the best statistical test in eleven different research scenarios.
- An Introduction to Signal Detection Theory uses an interactive applet to illustrate the logic of Signal Detection Theory (SDT).
- Utility and Decision Making demonstrates a statistical method for optimal classification of cases into either of two categories. The model weighs costs and benefits of the various possible outcomes along with base rates. (Spring, 2003)
7,977 total views, 1 views today