Tutorials that use the Java applets are now quite limited until new applets are available. So sorry.
Introductory Statistical Topics
- Sampling Distribution of the Mean uses an interactive applet to illustrate fundamental properties of sampling distributions of means.
- Investigating the Central Limit Theorem illustrates the Central Limit Theorem, concepts essential for a conceptual understanding of inferential statistics.
- The Logic of Hypothesis Testing introduces the logic and language of hypothesis testing using z-scores.
- Statistical Power demonstrates the relationships between statistical power, sample size, effect size, and alpha error.
- Correlation and Regression will help you understand the vocabulary, logic, and basic mathematics of regression and correlation.
- The t-test Tutorial: Comparing Cultures Gain experience applying descriptive and inferential statistics to answer questions about cross-cultural differences in child rearing.
- Choosing the Correct Statistical Test Practice selecting the best statistical test in eleven different research scenarios.
- An Introduction to Signal Detection Theory uses an interactive applet to illustrate the logic of Signal Detection Theory (SDT).
- Utility and Decision Making demonstrates a statistical method for optimal classification of cases into either of two categories. The model weighs costs and benefits of the various possible outcomes along with base rates. (Spring, 2003)